Monday, April 29, 2013

New Business Cards - Old Grocery Bags


Today I finally finished my business card design. I have been working off and on on it for months now. I was about to go to somewhere fancy today and pick out some paper for it - but I saw an old grocery bag and thought, "Hmmm, why not just use this for the paper? How fitting would that be? Why not use paper that most people don't think twice about tossing aside? Not only would it save money, but I think it goes along with the concept of this venture much better than the conventional method of printing business cards. And hey, I'm all for recycling and love the natural, rustic look, too! Grocery bags, you are redeemed and made new again and you now have a new purpose!"

So I actually cut out a piece from the bag the size of an 8 1/2"x11" paper and put it through my home printer and printed out a sheet full of cards. Loved how they turned out! I am still not sure whether or not I want the edges to be fuzzy, like they are in the picture, or straight edged using my X-Acto knife. I could see how both could fit the concept of this venture in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...